by James Burnes
There are a few critical steps that every business must accomplish to succeed online. There are six steps I always cover with a business as the ‘basics’ or “Internet 101″ concepts that they must tackle, including:
- Owning an appropriate domain name (or names)
- Easy to use and find “Contact Us” link on every single page of your site
- A ‘real’ email address with corresponding tools to use it
- Simple, functional navigation and design
- Relevant, useful content that actually matters to prospects
- A transaction point (and this does not necessarily mean e-commerce)
While these six key steps might seem elementary, it’s surprising how many organizations still fail to complete them.
A few weeks ago I gave a presentation to the Indiana Small Business Development Corporation on business basics of Digital Strategies. While the strategies and tactics MediaSauce offers to our clients as part of the Digital Blueprint are very comprehensive, I did want to post this presentation for those of you who are just getting started.
If you are starting a new business or are in an early-stage company seeking to move quick to advance your ideas, please email me. I’d love to discuss with you how MediaSauce can take you beyond the Internet 101 tips I’ve given in the slide show above and talk about real transformational shifts in your organization.